Tips for a Stress-Free Move
Moving home can be an exciting and extremely happy time in your life. However, stress and unexpected expenses usually come as part of the experience.
Considering these handy tips will make your transition to your new home and community easier for yourself and your family.
DIY vs Professional Movers
If you are working on a tight budget, or you if you only have a few things to move, doing it yourself often makes sense. But if you have some budget flexibility and wish to save time and stress, it makes sense to employ professional movers for a few reasons:
- They bring a truck: even if it is a local move, they still bring a truck that is the right size for your move, eliminating countless trips to and from your old house to your new home.
- They don’t break as many things: not only are professional movers more likely to know how to protect your belongings, you won’t have to worry about any awkwardness with your friends or family members if they happen to break your antique mirror or put a scratch on your new dining room table.
- They’re fast: hiring professional removalists makes a lot of sense if time is of a concern for you. Friends and family mean well, but it can be a timely experience and take a lot longer than it needs to. Professionals know how to get people moved quickly and efficiently.
You never know how much stuff you actually have until you start packing. When moving, secure packing can make a significant difference in the condition of your possessions once they reach your destination, so ensure you have enough boxes, tape, and bubble wrap on hand.
- Collect packing materials: ask for old boxes at work or see if and friends and neighbours can spare a few old milk crates, and packing materials.
- Reduce/Recycle: moving is a great time to declutter items that you never use. Begin your move by sorting through your belongings. Garage sales can earn you cash to help you out, whilst eliminating hassle of moving unwanted items.
Moving Day Survival Kit
Make sure you have packed a moving day survival kit containing necessary items that will get you and your family through the day, such as toiletries, phone chargers, bottles of water and snacks.
It is important to have easy access to the supplies that will keep you well-fed and hydrated on this busy day, and that you have everything readily available so you can fall straight into bed at the end of it.
Contact us on 1300 121 062 today for a competitive quote.